As I’m living in France now, I found Melvita products in my favorite organic supermarket (that’s NaturéO, by the way) and I’ve found these products to be nice and of high quality. I regularly use their shaving cream and their toothpaste and I’m very happy with these. You can see on their website that they have a wide range of products. They are a French company but they operate throughout Europe and Asia. On their website, they describe themselves as;
A pioneer and expert in organic beauty care, MELVITA is France’s leading ecological and organic beauty brand.
Melvita has been in operation since 1983.
Melvita – Philosophy
On their website I found the Melvita philosophy statement which I’ve copied here;
- Our products meet the criteria of the Ecocert Ecological and Organic Cosmetics frame of reference and of the Cosmébio label.
- We prefer to use ingredients that are organically farmed or responsibly picked, because we fight against the chemical doping and destruction of nature.
- For decades we have protested against the pointlessness and cruelty of tests on animals.
- We make sure that our packaging materials are totally recyclable.
- We are involved in a pro-active approach that encompasses sustainable development and the preservation of beauty, biodiversity and environmental balance.
- We make every effort to promote ethical, humanistic, fair partnerships with growers from the local area and from the underprivileged areas of the world.
- Pleasure, effectiveness and attractiveness are central to our cosmetic requirements.
- We make every effort to promote ethical, humanistic, fair partnerships with growers from the local area and from the underprivileged areas of the world and especially for our EFT networks of shea butter, argan, rose and orange blossom.
It’s really good to support companies like Melvita. It’s good for for our bodies and the planet through the reduction of toxic stress.
If you have an experiences with Melvita, good or bad, I’d love to hear about them. Please leave a comment.