Eckhart Tolle responds to a question about how to manage self-expectations from a man aware of the frequency with which he gets angry and the exhaustion it causes him. Some of the comments of Eckhart’s that I like are;
- How do you feel when you believe your thoughts? – not good!
- There may not be enough presence to catch anger
- Powerlessness is always behind anger… often with fear underneath it
- Smallest dogs bark the most – story of the chihuahua and the rottweiler
- Recognize that the person has been taken over by an energy field – don’t assume that the anger is their identity
- Nothing is more important than consciousness – not the situation – consciousness!