This is a very interesting 20 minute documentary, called Waste Deep, that makes me reconsider the food I eat and the waste I create. There are plenty of things to note in this documentary, but some of them are;
- The images of the amount of plastic found inside sea-birds is shocking
- Nature already does a good job of packaging – plastic is for shipping
- “In nature, there’s no such thing as waste – everything gets returned back to the system!” – plastic doesn’t return to the system…
- One major problem is that we’re influenced by marketing to believe that we can have anything we want, whenever we want.
- “When we grow it, we know it!”
- Avoid supply chains and shorten the distance between farmers and consumers
- It’s good to reduce plastics, even recyclable plastics
- “in 4 years the UK will have no more landfill for rubbish” – could that be true?
- Look for what options you have other than just going to the huge supermarket
- “Look for whole foods rather than something processed to within an inch of its life”
Leave a Reply