The Miracle Of Mindfulness – An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation
By Thich Nhat Hanh, Beacon Press, originally published in 1975.
This is a classic book about meditation and I really enjoy reading it. It’s not a very long book, and it’s one of those books with so many great parts that are both easy to read and profoundly insightful at the same time. I can tell that this is a book I’m going to re-read many times and learn more from it each time.
The chapters in the book are;
- The Essential Discipline
- The Miracle is to Walk on the Earth
- A Day of Mindfulness
- The Pebble
- One is All, All is One: The Five Aggregates
- The Almond Tree in Your Front Yard
- Three Wondrous Answers
- Exercises in Mindfulness
- Nhat Hanh: Seeing with the Eyes of Compassion
- Selection of Buddhist Sutras
This book really helps me appreciate my life. I’m definitely going to have to read this again from time to time.