This post is another follow-up on something strange that I saw in the documentary called Water. They showed how water was somehow “structured” and that the structure revealed itself in water crystals. They didn’t really explain it very well, but they showed, for example, how water that had been played music produced beautiful crystals. They also showed how water from a pristine mountain stream produced beautiful crystals but standard tap water did not.
This is the sort of thing that’s very easy to disregard off hand. It’s very hard to believe and doesn’t sound like good science. In addition, the documentary didn’t explain it very well. So, just like the case of Emoto’s rice experiment (this water crystal work is also coming from Dr. Masaru Emoto), I had to investigate some more.
What are these water crystals?
This video describes how they see the water crystals. They take many small samples of the water in question, freeze it to a very cold temperature and then observe the crystals that form as the ice slowly starts to melt under a microscope. One thing that still sounds a little strange is that not every sample produces water crystals.
How the frozen water crystals are photographed;
Changes in water crystals
In this short video, you can see some of the different water crystals that have been photographed. Simply by exposing water to different words, images or songs changes the crystal structure.
On this page from Dr Masaru Emoto you can see the wide range of water crystal structures he has photographed. I find some of the words he uses here very interesting. For example;
- From the tap water we could not get any beautiful crystals. We could not get any beautiful ones from rivers and lakes near big cities, either.
- However, from the water from rivers and lakes where water is kept pristine from development, we could observe beautiful crystals with each one having its own uniqueness.
- This world is filled with wonders and mysteries that get more incomprehensible if we try to think of a reason.
- Thus, except for some truly basic things, no one disagrees that there are still so many unknowns. Probably we understand 3%.
- I believe the original idea of creation by the creator of this universe was “the pursuit of beauty.”
- Everything is a combination of energetic vibrations. As vibration resonates, it makes some tangible objects.
- When some vibration and the other resonate each other, it always creates beautiful design. Thus, most of the Earth is covered with beautiful nature.
- Nevertheless, the world it (water crystals) shows is truth, and there is no doubt that many messages essential to our lives are hidden in it.
Could this story of water crystals be true?
The fact that water crystals seem to be effected by the emotion of a conscious being seems so strange and hard to believe. But quantum physicists have known the world is not what it seems for a long time, so we can’t disregard it immediately. Of course, there are critics of Dr. Emoto (see this page for example) who say he hasn’t used enough experimental controls. From my point of view, I can’t see that he really has had too much to gain from this and can’t think why he’d try to fabricate it. Also, his sentiments appear to be sincere when he is interviewed.
There’s a scientific paper that supports his findings and plenty of other pages on the internet that cast doubt. I guess we have to say that it’s not conclusively proved or disproved for now, but at least it’s very interesting.