I find myself intrigued my many things that the Dalai Lama says. He’s obviously a man acting from a deep sense of love, and I respect him for that. I don’t know enough about Buddhism yet, but I can still respect him as a man.
Recently I found this video of the Dalai Lama being interviewed and it was both insightful and very funny. I’ll leave it to you to discover the funny part.
Some of the things he says that I’ve noted are;
- “We all have the potential”
- “I never consider myself as something special – I simply consider I am one of the seven billion human beings”
- “We are mentally, emotionally, intellectually, we are the same”
- “we are social animal, therefore friendship is very essential”
- “lonely feeling is not a creation of the environment but a creation of your own mental attitude”
- “Make a pledge, from now on I must make a new person – same body, but new person”
I love the way he talks about warm-heartedness and the important values in life that lead to happiness.